Our hearts are filled with joy and gratitude, and we are honoured to bring you a very special series of conversations with a yogic couple, who have influenced the world of modern yoga probably more than anyone else. Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor dedicated their lives to practice and study of the spiritual traditions of the East and are sharing the knowledge revealed to them humbly and graciously with their students.
- Mary’s reflections on her first spiritual experiences
- Groundedness, embodiment and the connection to the environment
- Dropping of the breath as the beginning of Yoga
- The roots of Richard’s subtle body teachings
- How far away is esoteric from ordinary?
- Release of the soft palate and the concept of Nada Anusandhan
- Meditational aspects of the asana practice, subtle body alignments and how different schools of thought encompass each other
- Visualisation, idolatry and guidance
- Role of Pranayama in removing of Samskaras and how you can make them worse
- Aesthetics, emotionality and beauty
- Tadagi Mudra
- Nauli in Kukkutasana
- Separating grains from chaff or thoughts on finding a teacher
- Secret to good relationship 🙂
- Ethical aspect of romantic relationship between teacher and student
- Ongoing process of Ashtanga community dealing with Patthabi Jois’s sexual abuse
- Richard’s take on the modern world of yoga
Teachings and Books
When Love Comes To Light – Bringing Wisdom from the Bhagavad Gita into Modern Life
The translation and commentary on Bhagavad Gita by Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor is almost there! To pre-order follow this link.